Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gun 2010 The Film



Safe to say this won't be a romantic comedy. 50 Cent filmed the movie with Val Kilmer last year and had this to say about the film, "It's one of my biggest accomplishments, obviously. I wrote, produced it and I'm actually acting in the project. So this is exciting for me."
I watched it last night and enjoyed it immensely. The entire story revolves around the gun dealer's desire to "step up to the next level." What was that?  Well, that's when he would meet and begin distributing guns directly for a big-time gun manufacturer played by John Larroquette.

This goes even further than the Josh Horwitz (and my) belief that gun manufacturers plan their sales strategies around the fact that a certain percentage of their product will end up in the criminal world.  In this film the gun makers actually participate actively in that process.

Since art follows life, I believe it's true.  What about you?  What do you think?

Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing Dog Gone smack you for taking a Hollywood movie as true to life. Of course, I don't expect that to happen soon. . .

    ReplyDelete