Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Arkansas Man Injured by Malfunctioning T-Shirt Gun

T-SHIRT GUN: A stock image of a typical model.

Arkansas Times

Did you see or hear reports about the University of Arkansas marketing intern who apparently was injured during the football game Saturday by a malfunctioning T-shirt "gun"?

Witnesses heard an explosion and saw someone being taken away on a stretcher with what was described as a leg injury.

A gun on campus? Is that allowed? I guess it depends on how you define gun.

A T-shirt gun, or air cannon, uses high-pressure air tanks to propel shirts. They are a staple in sports arenas. But they are apparently not risk-free. 

Earlier this summer, the New York Times wrote about the inventor of the T-shirt gun.

5 comments:

  1. Mike,

    You forgot to mention that no one had been charged yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. While it's not relevant to firearms policy, this incident does bring to mind a rule I've made and communicated to all of my friends: If it has the word gun in it, you sure as hell better abide by the four rules with it!

      I made this rule after an "empty" staple gun was not treated as loaded and I wound up with my pocket knife, shirt, and blue jeans stapled to my ass by a party who shall remain nameless.

      Delete
    2. True, that. I keep my finger off the trigger of a spray bottle until I'm ready to use it, and I don't point the gas nozzle at the pump toward myself. Cooper's rules make a lot of sense in many applications.

      Delete
    3. And no, the party wasn't me.

      Delete